Housekeeping Checklist: Cleaning Checklist For Hotels & Resorts
If you are running a resort hotel, you know the importance of housekeeping. If you want your clients to have a five star experience, then that includes presenting them with a resort that is as hygienic as possible. There are many reasons why you should aim for cleaning your resort as effectively as possible, such as;
- Giving your customers the most pleasant experience possible
- Creating the easiest environment for your staff to work in (so they can focus on enhancing your customers’ experience)
- Complying with existing health and safety laws that are in place to give your customers as safe an experience as possible, etc.
Housekeeping is not easy. You have to constantly keep track of all of the rooms, as well as delegate the many cleaning tasks associated with each room to all of your various staff, who you then have to monitor and keep track of in order to ensure that they are cleaning rooms efficiently and properly. It is important to follow the correct process for cleaning each section of a resort, so that each room is consistent in its cleanliness.
It is difficult to track all of these tasks due to their sheer multitude. This is why housekeeping checklists are so important, as they are easy to use and very clear. You can track all the tasks you want completed with checklists, but they also let your cleaning staff know what they need to do, enabling them to work independently.
However, that large number of cleaning tasks is exactly why making housekeeping checklists manually can be as big a chore as not having checklists at all. This is for all kinds of different reasons, including;
- It can be a huge drain on time and resources to create the checklists themselves, especially if you have a higher number of cleaning staff and a larger establishment with more rooms to keep track of, which drastically affects how many different checklists are needed
- Distributing copies of the checklists among your entire cleaning staff, particularly ensuring that people receive the correct checklists for the right jobs
- Making sure each of these cleaning checklists are completed by the right people on time and to the standard that is expected of them
- Storing these cleaning checklists for future reference, etc.
It does not matter whether you are writing housekeeping checklists by hand with a pen and paper or typing them into documents that can be printed or emailed to all your staff, as neither method is better than the other. You will still have to deal with all of the above issues to the same degree. A dedicated cleaning software solution helps immensely with this because it individually addresses all of these issues with its sophisticated functionality.
This is where Operandio stands out, as it offers one of the most comprehensive cleaning checklist software solutions available. Make sure your housekeeping is in perfect shape, your rooms are clean and your resort is ready for anything with Operandio’s superior functionality.
Housekeeping Checklist Template Example
While you can easily create your own housekeeping checklists with Operandio, you also have access to several templates for a wide range of cleaning industries, including resort cleaning. Below is an example of one of the many templates that Operandio contains.
|Done||Resorts Checklist Template|
|Open Windows to Ventilate Room|
|Dust and Wipe All Appliances, Fixtures and Furniture|
|Replace Used Bed Sheets|
|Remove and Reline Bins|
|Vacuum the Floor|
|Clean Mirrors and Glass Surfaces|
|Replace Used Toiletries and Foodstuffs|
Of course, not only can you create your own housekeeping checklists, but you can also edit existing checklist templates to better suit your business’ needs. It’s all part of Operandio’s commitment to providing you with all of the tools you need to run your business, without having to chase up multiple kinds of software. We understand how important efficiency is towards the smooth operation of a business, and we extend that philosophy towards Operandio itself.
How To Use Operandio to Create an Online Checklist
Part of what makes Operandio the perfect checklist software solution for cleaning of all kinds is that it is so easy to use. Its processes are streamlined, offering you an unprecedented level of control over how your cleaning is run.
- Create New Task, then set your task as either:
- A one off for when there is only a single job to do
- A recurring task to be completed on a regular basis
- An ad hoc task for staff to complete when needed
- Assign your new task/process to your staff, whether it’s:
- A single employee
- Multiple employees
- An entire department
- An entire branch
- Your entire business
- Set a due date and time for your task so your staff knows exactly when it needs to be completed.
- If a task is particularly urgent, you can pin it to the top of your Job Manager so that it is the first task that your staff will see until it is completed.
That is all it takes to create a task in Operandio. Once these four steps have been completed, you can delegate and then monitor the task. This process is easy, and is exactly the same for every task that you create. Don’t worry about keeping track of the cleaning in your resort, because Operandio will help you take care of it.
What is Operandio and how can it help my business?
Operandio does more than give you a free cleaning checklist template. It is a comprehensive business application that allows you to:
- Digitise all of your documentation for your staff to access easily, from the checklists themselves to any resource materials you create (e.g. training videos, tutorials, how-tos, etc.)
- Allow for seamless messaging between all of your staff, so that everybody is aware of their tasks, and can raise any questions should they ever need to
- Track the progress of your staff’s cleaning tasks and ensure their completion, as well as follow up on any tasks that are not completed, ensuring staff accountability
… and more!
Operandio is an entire cleaning business management software suite, designed to work for both you and your entire staff and provide all of the functions you need in order to keep your resort clean in the most efficient and effective manner possible.
Because Operandio digitises your processes and checklists, it takes less effort to coordinate your staff, as they have all of the information they need in an easily accessible application.
Use Less Resources and Reduce Costs
Operandio is a software solution that removes the need for paper and stationary in your business, as it allows you to store all of your important processes and tasks without needing to write them down.
Keep Track of Everything
You can seamlessly view all processes and tasks, plus you can update them whenever necessary. This makes it incredibly easy to know what tasks have been completed, as well as follow up on tasks that have yet to be completed.
Scale Your Business More Effectively
As your business grows, it is easy to update all of your information in Operandio to reflect that. This is because Operandio makes it easy to keep track of staff performance. Plus it gives you the ability to adjust and adapt your standard operating procedures with incredible ease.
Are you looking to replace paper checklists in your business? Operandio will help you replace paper in your business, improve staff accountability, delegate jobs and replicate consistently business processes across multiple locations.
Who is behind Operandio?
Operandio was created by business owners who know firsthand what it is like to run a business that is process intensive with an endless list of daily, weekly, and monthly tasks. It is with this knowledge that Operandio created the perfect software to solve these problems. Consequently, Operandio is capable of serving all sizes of businesses across multiple industries.
What am I paying for when I subscribe to Operandio?
Customers of Operandio receive an online checklist tool that streamlines business processes, improves internal communication, and prepares training videos, tutorials, and how-tos for non-desk based businesses.
How much is Operandio going to cost me?
There are currently two pricing plans for Operandio online checklist.
- Business, which is ideal for managing day-to-day business operations for an affordable price, as you’ll receive:
- Unlimited process & task management
- Team communication & news feed
- Business Knowledge Base
- Manager dashboard & notifications
- Unlimited 24/7 support
- Enterprise, an option for large or complex businesses that require custom configuration, where you’ll receive everything in the business plan, as well as:
- Detailed reporting
- Bespoke roles & permissions
- Custom organization structure
- Custom billing terms
- Dedicated Enterprise support
Request an Operandio demo today, and take control of your business in ways you’d never have thought possible.
Try Operandio for free
Get started in less than 2 minutes.