Restaurant Manager Log Book Template
Looking for a Restaurant Manager Log Book Template? Since it was first introduced to the restaurant industry, the restaurant manager’s log book has been a crucial tool for managing and tracking the daily operations of a restaurant. However, with the digital avenues provided by software like Operandio, the restaurant manager log book has become more useful than ever.
Read on to get your FREE Restaurant Manager Log Book Template!
What is a restaurant manager log book?
The restaurant manager log book serves as a centralised record of various activities and events that occur in a restaurant, including;
- Employee schedules
- Customer feedback
- Inventory management
- Maintenance tasks
The goal of a restaurant manager logbook is to create a qualitative indication of how the restaurant is operating – both what’s operating successfully and areas for improvement.
What are the benefits of a digitised restaurant manager log book template?
By keeping a log book, the restaurant manager can ensure that all important information is organised and easily accessible, which can help improve the overall efficiency and productivity of the restaurant. Additionally, the log book can also be used to identify areas for improvement and make changes to streamline operations and enhance the customer experience.
Digitising your log book means:
- Employees have easier access to the log book and its data
- Software can identify trends within your restaurant, informing your restaurant’s management even more
- You save money and physical space by not keeping a hard copy
- Information can be updated easily and disseminated amongst employees
Restaurant Manager Log Book Template Example
|No. of Orders||Notes|
What should be included in a Restaurant Manager Log Book Template?
This section is going to explain each part of the template above, that way you know what kind of information you need.
This is where you note the date of this particular workday, as well as the managerial staff that are present. This is important because it promotes accountability for the manager by attributing the following information to them.
This notes how many employees there are in each part of the restaurant (i.e. service staff, support staff and bar staff). If there are any problems identified within the restaurant, you can make the connection between whether a particular part of the restaurant is under or overstaffed. This makes it easier to delegate tasks, and it results in a much more efficient restaurant.
This section counts the amount of customers that make reservations, no-shows or walk-ins and then divides them by the time that they interact with the restaurant. The purpose of this section is to indicate where customers are encouraged to interact with the restaurant, which then informs where you can focus in order to maximise customer engagement.
Here is the section where you record the number of meals ordered, so that you can gauge when your restaurant is at its busiest. Additionally, the notes section is where you can record any particular details; such as meals that are particularly popular, or food stock that needs to be replenished.
This section counts the money your restaurant has made based on what time of day customers are entering the restaurant, as well as what they order. You can see where the restaurant makes the most money, as well as areas that could be improved for the highest amount of profit.
This is a qualitative section where the manager can make their own observations based on maintenance problems as well as customer feedback.
What is Operandio and how can it help my restaurant digitise my manager log book?
Operandio is a complete business management suite that allows you to:
- Digitise all of your documentation for your staff to access easily, from your restaurant manager log book to any resource materials you create (e.g. training videos, tutorials, how-tos, etc.)
- Seamlessly message your staff, so that everybody is aware of their tasks, and can raise any questions should they ever need to
- Track the progress of your staff’s tasks and ensure their completion, as well as follow up on any tasks that are not completed, ensuring staff accountability
… and more!
How do I get Operandio for my restaurant business?
There are currently two pricing plans for Operandio.
- Business, which is ideal for managing day-to-day business operations for an affordable price, as you’ll receive:
- Unlimited process & task management
- Team communication & news feed
- Business Knowledge Base
- Manager dashboard & notifications
- Unlimited 24/7 support
- Enterprise, an option for large or complex businesses that require custom configuration, where you’ll receive everything in the business plan, as well as:
- Detailed reporting
- Bespoke roles & permissions
- Custom organisation structure
- Custom billing terms
- Dedicated Enterprise support
Request a demo today and take control of your movie theatres in ways you’d never have thought possible.
Try Operandio for free
Get started in less than 2 minutes.