Operations Checklist: What Is It And Why Does Your Business Need It?
If you run a business, whether big or small, an operations checklist is a valuable tool that ensures productivity both in the short and long term.
There are many different ways to implement operations checklists, and selecting the best method can be the difference between your business struggling to stay afloat and operating at the optimal level.
That’s why we’ve constructed this guide to operations checklists.
Our goal is to explain how to best use this tool to help your business, and how software such as Operandio can help.
What is an operations checklist?
An operations checklist is a tool that lists all the tasks/steps that need to be completed in order for a business to properly conduct its operations.
These operations are not limited to the selling of a product or service. They also include;
- Cleaning and sanitation protocols for various rooms
- Safety procedures for different equipment
- Work optimization techniques based on prior experiences
- Contingency measures in the event of equipment failure, etc.
These checklists are a way for your staff to keep track of:
- What tasks need to be completed
- What tasks have been completed
- Who is meant to complete which tasks
- How tasks are supposed to be completed
Who uses operations checklists?
If you run a business, both you and your entire staff should be using operations checklists. For a business owner, the purpose of an operations checklist is to:
- Outline the tasks you expect your staff to complete
- Upload guides on how you want these tasks to be completed
- Delegate tasks
- Check on tasks to ensure they are completed on time and by the right people
Your staff, on the other hand, use the information you provide in a checklist to inform their day-to-day performance.
How do I make an operations checklist?
There are many ways to make an operations checklist. However, the old method of paper and pen has become long-obsolete. The best way to create an operations checklist is to use software that digitizes this entire process for you. This results in a process that is much more efficient and a lot less prone to human error.
Where is the best place to find operations checklist solutions?
Operandio was built by business owners who know how difficult it is to keep track of staff, particularly as your business grows. That’s why Operandio is the perfect operations checklist software, as it helps you manage your staff as effectively as possible.
With an operations checklist made with Operandio, you can manage your staff and benchmark their performance, and celebrate your staff’s milestones and acknowledge any problems that need addressing.
What kinds of checklists does Operandio facilitate?
Operandio has been used to create operations checklists for a wide range of industries, which you can see on our website. These industries are hospitality, retail, healthcare, hotels & resorts, childcare & education and cleaning services.
Operandio operations checklists can be used for a range of procedures like:
- Daycare cleaning/Childcare cleaning
- Housekeeping checklists
- Movie theatre checklists
- Restaurant cleaning (and daily restaurant cleaning tasks and opening and closing restaurant tasks)
- Medical clinics
- Hotel management
- General cleaning
Operandio Checklist FAQ
Below are some of the typical questions that we get often about Operandio and the operations checklists services that it provides. Of course, if you have questions that aren’t answered below, you can always visit our website for more information, and request a demo for Operandio.
What can I do with Operandio?
With Operandio operations checklist software features, you can take the hassle out of managing the day-to-day operations of your business. Operandio is the kind of workflow management software that makes process management easy by providing an easy-to-use solution that:
- Replaces pen and paper
- Works seamlessly across desktop and mobile platforms
- Implements measures to ensure staff accountability
- Ensures consistency of standards across multiple branches of your business
- Is easy for both you and your staff to use
Can Operandio optimise my workflows?
- Create checklists and tasks for the processes specific to your business, whether they’re recurring or ad hoc.
- Make accountability a priority. Meet deadlines and ensure tasks are completed according to management standards.
- Delegate jobs to individuals, teams, divisions or an entire branch.
- Easily update management processes as they change and keep your staff informed, even across multiple locations.
How does Operandio help consolidate my business knowledge?
- Using Knowledge Base, you can create instructional videos, how-to guides, manuals, and standard operating management procedures.
- Adapt the way you share knowledge to the needs of your company.
- Integrate instructional videos, guides, and documents into your daily management processes and workforce communications.
- Take advantage of your smartphone or tablet to create how-to instructional videos and guides on the fly.
How does Operandio facilitate communication in my workplace?
- Connect with your entire workforce through the Communication Hub.
- Instantly provide staff with actionable management feedback.
- Access business information and documents from any device.
- Confirm that important messages have been read.
How much is Operandio childcare software going to cost me?
There are currently two pricing plans for Operandio childcare software with their own child care features.
- Business, a cost-effective way to manage day-to-day business operations, including the following:
- Unlimited process & task management
- Team communication & news feed
- Business Knowledge Base
- Manager dashboard & notifications
- Unlimited 24/7 support
- Enterprise, intended for large or complex organizations that require custom configurations, where you receive everything in the business plan plus:
- Detailed reporting
- Bespoke roles & permissions
- Custom organization structure
- Custom billing terms
- Dedicated Enterprise support
Request a demo for Operandio today, and take control of your business.